Sunday 27 January 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies



I have one day left of freedom before school starts again...*sigh*

And what have I spent the entirety of today doing is watching A Very Potter Musical (best thing ever) and listening to the podcasts Nowhere Near News (also the best thing ever).

Also, something I'm very excited about, is the fact that I'm one subscriber away from 20 subscribers. How cool is that? I'm quite excited, actually, for my blog-of-one-year-and-a-bit :)

Anyway. I saw this recipe for brownies on Pinterest and kinda couldn't resist. I'm a bit of a sucker for peanut butter and chocolate - why do they taste so good together? The slightly bitter, strong and creamy texture of dark chocolate with the salty, crunchy, peanutty flavour of peanuts...? Mh. Absolutely nommy :P

Yeah; I guess I'd better just give you this recipe already. It'll save any more drooling on your shirt.


(*UPDATE* Apparently, seeing as, you know, Kenmore-and-surrounding-suburbs are beginning to flood, and we're getting cyclonic rain, we may or may not have to go to school on Tuesday. I don't know yet. But yayay - possibly no school! I is excited)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies

150g of dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
100g of cooking butter, roughly chopped
1 cup of caster sugar
1/2 cup of plain flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 eggs
3/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter


  1. Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a 16 x 26 cm baking tin with baking paper.
  2. Melt the chocolate and butter together: either in a heatproof bowl, over a saucepan of boiling water, or in a microwave for one minute bursts on high, and stir until smooth.
  3. Mix together the sugar, flour and cocoa. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and eggs, and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared tray.
  4. Spoon the peanut butter over the brownies, and swirl through the mixture with a knife or skewer. Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes; when cooled cut into squares...if you have to patience to wait that long.










4 comments:

  1. LOOKS GOOD!
    And lucky you for maybe not getting to go to school after all, though don't you get flooded! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it turns out we didn't have to go to school...but I only found that out once I had walked halfway to school anyway. It was very hot, and very steamy; but I enjoyed my day off ;)

      Delete
  2. NICE one! I am so going to make these!
    Heard from Mum that you don't have to go to school today - lucky you! haha

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis